Big weekend coming up. Graduation weekend and wedding season is pretty much beginning. I’m sure there will be lots of people eating out this weekend. Two of those will be Tiffany and I. It just happens to be her birthday weekend so we’re going to pick a place that she really wants to head to; one of the fine dining establishments offered here in this great city. Find out what it is this weekend.
Here are your Quick Hits for this week.
- Unfortunately we will be unable to attend Noodle’s Grand Opening this weekend. I believe they officially open up shop on Sunday. Definitely stop by and try it out. While not a local establishment, I know the general manager lives in Wichita. He’s a great guy and really knows how to operate a restaurant. If you haven’t heard, the new location is located inside Towne East Mall. They do have an external facing entrance though on the east side of the mall.
- Kansas.com reported that White Castle will be returning to Wichita for two hours only to celebrate their 90th anniversary. From 4 to 6 pm, you can buy two burgers for 90 cents at the Dillon’s parking lot at 7707 E. Central, near Rock Road. All proceeds will go to the Kansas Food Bank. White Castle was actually founded in Wichita way back in 1921. Unfortunately, there are no White Castle’s left in Wichita. Also at the event, it will be filmed by a crew producing a documentary about White Castle called “White Castle – What America Craves”. Here’s your chance to be in a movie as well! I will definitely try and stop by pending schedule.
- I’ve never heard of them, Tiffany actually has, but I guess two more Peachwave Self Serve Frozen Yogurt stores are coming to Wichita on top of the two already coming. One will be located at 2404 N. Maize Road across from NewMarket Square in the same building as AT&T and A Scrapbook Boutique is located. If I read right and I don’t read often, that will make four Peachwave’s coming to Wichita. Two others are being franchised by someone else. How long till the Froyo Bubble Pops?!?!
- We stopped by PF Changs in the Waterfront earlier this week for a quick dinner. Didn’t do a full review but should mention they were absolutely fantastic. It was a mixture of a birthday and a Mother’s Day dinner. The service was great, everybody was friendly. Tiffany is a big fan of PF Changs and I’m just so so on them but I’ll return again in the future because their servers and manager on hand did an awesome job. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, A+ on service.
- Thanks to everybody who has been passing our website on to others. Our hits are increasing and we’ve hit over 110 facebook likes on our page http://www.facebook/wichitabyeb
If you haven’t seen it, we have a new poll up on the right side asking where the best fires are at.
See you all soon for a Special Dining Excursion……
Did you love the article and want to help the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.