Quick Hits 7/24/12
- I was in Kansas City a couple weekends ago and was driving around looking for a place to eat. I was given a tip that Freebirds World Burrito is a spot that’s a “must go”. I guess it’s a restaurant similar to the Chipotle concept but better with a stronger focus on organic items. Driving by the place, the line was out the door and then some…… in 100+ degree temps. I laughed and went somewhere else. Well many friends I’ve spoken to since have raved about the place. It was the first time I’ve ever heard of Freebirds. Now guess what, as many as three franchises could be coming to Wichita in 2013.
- Hana Café is expanding downtown to add express style Korean lunches. Probably a good move because I can’t think of many places downtown that are quick to grab a bite to eat outside of the fast food spots.
- Wichita’s Happy Hour Law is now in effect. I’ve been around Wichita looking for some of the best Happy Hour specials but it’s starting to wear on my body. Had I been 21, I could probably do this every day. I haven’t seen many big Happy Hour specials advertised so if you know of a great one, I’d love to hear about it.
- Free Tea Day is this Thursday at McAlister’s Deli. Customers will get a free 32 oz. glass of their ice tea either sweet or unsweetened. I prefer unsweetened ice tea. Sweet Tea is nasty. They might as well spell it Sweat Tea.
- I have yet to try out Pita Pit. I must see what this place is all about.
- Lastly it must be said. Dillon’s has great sushi to go. It’s not the top of the line stuff but it’s great for a quick lunch grab. The guys at the Central and Rock location are fantastic, helpful and super nice.
|The Dragon Roll and Seaweed Salad. Yum.|