Over the past year and a half, hundreds of new restaurants and food trucks have popped up. The problem with these new places is there’s little money left to do some marketing to get their names out. That’s where we can help. I’ve scoured through the hundreds of new establishments to pop up since the start of 2019 and pulled out 40 new restaurants and food trucks to visit.
Listen, 2020 has been a true shit show. Who knows what’s in store for the remaining six months. But why not give yourself something to do and stop by one or all of these places on our new Wichita Bucket List of New Restaurants and Food Trucks to Visit?
I’ve been to all forty of them; some I loved, some I’m lukewarm on and some I weren’t too fond it. The beauty of food though is my opinions may now match yours so it wasn’t only fair to include a good variety regardless of my opinion.
How many of these can you knock out before 2020 is over?
Wichita Restaurant Bucket List
- Aria Bakery, 6476 E Central
Serving Persian breads and pastries along with other fresh daily-baked global delicacies.
- Athens, 7700 E Kellogg Drive
Greek restaurant located inside Towne East Square
- B.C’s Kitchen, 1412 E 9th St N
Soul food restaurant dishing out huge portion sizes of food
- Big Dog Shack, 2265 S Greenwich Road
Hot dogs, brats, and Italian sausage, what else do you need?
- Birney’s Snack Shop, 150 N Cleveland
Quaint little snack shop that has also done wonders for the community
- Bread Sled Cafe, Food Truck
An inventive and creative truck that has to no boundaries
- Chebaro Mediterranean Grill, 12728 E Central Ave
Amazing Mediterranean food sold in the least likely of places, a gas station
- Cool Breeze Pizza, 828 W 11th St
A much needed pizza joint in the heart of Riverside
- Crafted, 9730 E 21st St N
Coffee, poke and more is the trio you never knew you needed
- Crested Crane Cafe, Food Truck
Wichita’s first food truck specializing in African cuisine
- Grandma Thuy’s Eggrolls, 8728 W Maple
The west side of Wichita’s best option for egg rolls
- Hot Potato Bar, 7700 E Kellogg Drive
A dedicated restaurant that sells made-to-order potatoes
- Jimenez Tacos, 2787 S Roosevelt St
Amazing tacos on the southside of town, possibly the most underrated
- Journey East Asia Grill, 4510 E 19th St N (Wichita St)
Create-your-own Asian infused dishes
- Just Like Mama’s Kitchen, 2504 E 9th St
Quality soul food served by quality people
- Keeper of the Crepes, 730 W Douglas Ave
The only restaurant in town specializing in crepes
- Krua Thai Restaurant, 7603 E 21st St
Thai food is very limited in northwest Wichita, Krua Thai solves that problem
- Off the Wheaten Path, Food Truck
Gluten and Dairy Free mobile food truck for anybody dealing with food allergies
- Pasta Express, 4100 E Harry
If you missed Sweet Basil, you’ll enjoy Pasta Express
- Pete’s Donut Shack, Food Truck
Mini-donuts on the go is never a bad thing
- Pho Cao, 9203 W Central Ave
Another Vietnamese option for west-siders to consider
- Pho KC, 4875 E Pawnee
My personal choice for being in the running for top pho in town
- Puerto Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 602 N Tyler Road
In terms of West Wichita restaurants, this might be the most underrated in that area
- Rice & Roll By Xing Xing, 1920 E Pawnee
Not just egg rolls anymore, they’ve expanded to include more Vietnamese dishes
- Road Runner Mexican Food, Food Truck at Meridian & 53rd St
A much deserved Mexican food truck that deserves more props
- San Salvador Cafe, 5518 W Central Ave
Amazing Salvadoran food located right off of 235.
- Shawarma Restaurant, 2020 N Woodlawn Blvd
Mediterranean food, empanadas, bierocks, they do it all
- Silvia’s Authentic Mexican Cuisine, 2345 N Broadway
Affordable Mexican cuisine with daily specials to fit any budget
- Taco Locale, 2721 E Central
High-quality, locally sourced tacos that are different from what else is sold in town
- Tacos La Costena, Food Truck
In the large fleet of taco trucks around town, they rise up with great quality food
- Tacos TJ 664, 803 N West St
They are quickly becoming one of the city’s most popular taco options
- Tad’s Carryout, 2545 N Hillside St
Made to order comfort food on the north end of Wichita
- Taqueria La Chona, 3415 E Harry
When it comes to native dishes to Jalisco, Mexico, nobody does it better
- Taquiza Feliz, Food Truck
Another one of the city’s underrated taco trucks
- The Belmont, 3555 E Douglas Ave
This just might be the new hot spot in town
- The Hot Pl8, Food Truck
The only food truck in town serving out Filipino food
- The Rusty Nail, 1155 S Washington Ave
A chill and relaxing bar with excellent food
- Wade Waffle Co, Food Truck
Brand new food truck serving out unique waffle creations
- Weirdough Bakery, 7130 W Maple
One of Wichita’s newest bakeries specializing in pie, cake, cookies, bread and more
- Wichita Cheesecake Company, 701 E Douglas Ave
Who needs a Cheesecake Factory, when you can have a Wichita Cheesecake Company?
To nominate your restaurant or event to be considered for a review, please email us with your business information. We are always open to suggestions.
Did you find this article helpful and want to support the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? The site is made possible by contributions and keeps this resource free for the city. You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation.
If you’re a business owner and would like to be featured or partner for a highlight, visit here.