The weekend has finally arrived, and that means it’s time for the opening of Alzavino Wine Tavern. They have taken over the Coney Island Hot Dog Weiners space at 1001 W. Douglas. Coney Island has been closed for over a year, and then the Alzavino project started to take place. Fast-forward to this weekend and they are celebrating their grand opening.
The new wine bar is different from other places in that they’ll offer a self-serve tap system called WineStations. Their Winestations will offer 1, 3 and 6 oz. pours. The 16 wines currently available from the self-serve tap system include:
- J Moreau Chablis AOC (Chardonnay)
- Shafer Red Shoulder (Chardonnay)
- Chateau Guiraud “G” (Sauvignon Blanc)
- Ercole (Rose)
- Vina Real Rioja Rosado (Rose)
- Emile Beyer (Pinot Grigio)
- Circumstance Chenin Blanc (Other Worldly Whites)
- Romi Orange (Other Worldly Whites)
- Caymus (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Cult (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Mother’s Milk Shiraz (Syrah)
- Clos La Coutale Cahors (Malbec)
- GC Commuter Cuvee (Pinot Noir)
- Chateau Bourdieu (Other Reds)
- Donatella Colombini (Other Reds)
- Paul Janin Beaujolais (Other Reds)
Alzavino will also serve food. Their menu will feature light appetizers that consist of charcuterie boards, hummus plates, fuit and cheese boards, breads, and chocolates.
An outdoor patio also faces the east end of the building
Hours for Alzavino will be Monday through Thursday 3 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Have some news to share? Please email us with your information for consideration. We are always open to suggestions.