There are lots of closings to announce over the past month. Let’s get right to it.
- Planet Sub, 535 W. Douglas Ave: The sandwich shop in Delano will be officially closed at the end of the business day on Friday, December 3. Fortunately, there’s still one location left at 10330 W Central Ave.
- Birria tj 664, 803 N. West St: The sister restaurant to Tacos tj 664 has closed. A number of reasons accounted for the closure but on the bright side, their entire menu is still available at Tacos tj 664.
- Country Kitchen Restaurant, 915 E. 53rd St: Both The Best Western and Country Kitchen will be closed for good on December 28. Please note, their hours have changed from 6-10 a.m. due to lack of staff.
- Crazy Horse Supper Club, 2539 W Pawnee St.: And as a reminder from earlier this week, the old-school supper club which reopened in 2020, announced their closure on December 1.
- Krispy Krunchy Fried Chicken, 1302 N. Broadway: The chicken chain on north Broadway quietly closed towards the end of November.
And in case you missed it, one of the Knolla’s Pizza locations (3817 W. 13th St.) and Augustino Brewing Co. were two more closings that took place in November.
The local restaurant scene has had so many hits this year, and it looks like it won’t be stopping anytime soon. Support the ones you love as you never know what will happen.
To nominate your restaurant or event to be considered for a review, please email us with your restaurant information. We are always open to suggestions.
Did you find this article helpful and want to support the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? The site is made possible by contributions and keeps this resource free for the city. You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation.