Something I thought that would be pretty cool and useful to do was reach out to all the local breweries around town and see if they had any news, beers getting tapped or events taking place they wanted to share.
It’s called “What’s On Tap”. It’s one of the new segments for 2022. It’ll be a way to spread cheers and beers along with the local happenings at your favorite breweries.
Central Standard Brewing
- CSB Helles – 5.0% abv. Our take on a traditional Bavarian style Helles. Coming Soon.
- Light Years Away – IPA – 7.5% abv. Brewed with our friend Jeff from Narrow Gauge Brewing. Coming Soon.
- Group Hug – Fruited Smoke ale – 4.8% abv. Brewed in collaboration with First Mile Kitchen. Smoked fruited ale with apricots. Coming Soon
- Edible Sundays – Fruited Gose – 6.0% abv. Sit back, relax, and get washed away in a river of sweet watermelon while tiny rain drops of lemon and lime tickle your cheeks. Coming Soon
- Feb. 13: Galentines Day Sip & Script. Join us for a one and a half hour introduction class learning modern calligraphy. Click the button for more details and tickets.
- Feb. 13: Everything and the Bagel Pop up. Bagels and schmear and tasty loaves and pastries! Come hungry to Galentines Day, Everything and the Bagel will be popping up with their assorted bread treats.
- Every Tuesday: Free Show Tuesdays 6:30 – 8:30. Pretend Friend.
Hopping Gnome Brewing Company
- We just tapped the Frank’s Oatmeal Stout and Tiki Punch Salty Gnome.
- Feb. 13: Super Bowl To-Go Specials from Noon to 6 p.m.
- Feb. 15: Galentine’s Day: Winey B Release from 3 to 10 p.m.
- Feb. 19: Live music with MJ12 from 8 to 10 p.m. No cover.
- Feb. 26: National Pistachio Day with Patto Neapolitan Pizzeria.
Norton’s Brewing Company
- Feb. 13: Valentine’s Cupcake & Beer Pairing. Our annual Beer and Cupcake pairing makes for the best Valentines date night ever! Come sample 4 beers each, paired expertly with 4 different cupcakes to share! We teamed up with one of the best pastry chefs in town, Morgan Farruggia of Fox and Thistle for this one!
- Chai of the Tiger – Warbeard with chai! A super tasty spin on our best seller
- MoreBeard – An Imperial Irish Red – a leveled up version of Warbeard, it checks in at 10.1% ABV and is super tasty!
- For Peach Sake – The newest in our sour series, this is a peach cobbler inspired beer is made with peaches, vanilla, cinnamon and lactose.
- Maniacal Monk will be released in late February. Our Belgian tripel is the brew of a good Monk gone mad!. It is a deep golden elixir that delivers righteous flavor. Expect cloves, pepper and a light mouthfeel that gives way to a crisp dry finish. Break the silence. Tell your friends!! 9.7% ABV. Available at The PourHouse, the El Dorado tap room and at your favorite liquor retailer.
- Feb. 14: Valentine’s Day Dinner and Beer Pairing. Join us as we celebrate another year of love at The PourHouse! Dinner will take place in our beautiful loft area, followed by a dessert & beer pairing. We are teaming up with River City Sweet Shop and will have a level one cicerone on site for beer pairing details. Tickets are $75 per person or $125 per couple. Included: 1 Flagship beer, House selected appetizer, Plated dinner(s), Beer & Dessert pairing, Ticket entry for V-day gift basket, Photo Booth & beautiful atmosphere.Please call 316-260-4897 for reservations
River City Brewing Co.
Nothing To Report
Third Place Brewing
- Every Thursday: Every ale house needs a fiddler in the corner. Shawn Craver “The Fiddler” will be playing solo, acoustic, traditional fiddle music for Third Place Brewing’s Happy Hour Every Thursday. Come enjoy the sounds of the music that has accompanied many a pint over the past centuries and help carry on the tradition! No cover. Dancing optional.
Wichita Brewing Co.
- Join us Saturday at either brewpub (NOT our production facility) for your chance to grab some Barleywine and try two new tapped beers. We will be releasing 4 packs of our award winning Barleywine, this batch was brewed in 2021. Single cans will be available for purchase and consumption at both brewpubs! We will also be selling the remaining bottles of our OG batch. We will be tapping:
- 🍑 🙃 RESTING PEACH FACE 🙃🍑 – A peach infused IPA dry hopped with Mosaic hops.
- 💨 🚫 WEED IS STILL ILLEGAL IN KANSAS 🚫 💨- A juicy / hazy IPA with Azacca and Idaho 7 hops. We teamed up with our friends from Denver OMF to bring you the juiciest beer we’ve ever produced.
Have some news to share? Please email us with your information for consideration. We are always open to suggestions.
Did you love the article and want to help the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.