Well the weekend is upon us.
As I woke up this Friday morning, there was only one thing I could think of….. Zoobilee. This will be like my fifth or sixth time going. I’ve lost count and I’m sure past Zoobilee’s can be attributed to my memory loss. To those who don’t have tickets, you can still purchase tickets. It’s Saturday night, the money goes to a great cause. There’s more food and beverages than a human body can probably take.
Always a great time as I’m sure others could attest. The big question for many is if it’s worth the money. My answer to that is if you have the disposable income to do it, do so. If you can get your hands on a ticket from someone, jump at the opportunity.
Let’s go on to the other happenings in Wichita……..
- I saw over at Kansas.com that a Chick-fil-A is now coming to the west side near the southwest corner of 21st and Maize Road. So a west side and an east side location will be new to Wichita sometime in 2012. I can’t comment on my excitement on this because I have none. I’m still a Chick-fil-A virgin and the hype has been blown out the door on this. I’ve heard Chick-fil-A is a life changing experience. That’s high praise for a chicken sandwich! I guess I’ll have to be the judge of that myself early next year.
- The former Press building at the Waterfront has a new restaurant opening up: Ciao Italian Kitchen. I’m going to go out on a limb and say they will be serving Italian food. There are plenty of new Italian spots in Wichita and this will just be another one trying to differentiate itself from all the others. They should be open in late September or early October according to Carrie Rengers.
- A new Five Guys Burgers and Fries opens this Monday downtown at 1025 E. Douglas. The hours are 10 am to 11 pm daily. Personally I like Five Guys but I go there maybe like once every other month if that.
- Have any of you been to Pacific Coast Pizza? I put a little Facebook post out there and a tweet last week. I like their food but their service is just horrific at times. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. Keg exploded, the beer is flat, servers are shorthanded, they are out of a certain food and in some cases, we just get bad service. We will go in as a group of friends just looking for a couple drinks and food and it takes forever to be served, the server never comes to check up on us, etc. It’s to the point that if it continues, I’ll add that place to my “no go list” even though I like the food. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me thrice; I’ll go get loaded on pizza elsewhere. Peace out, homie.
- And lastly the Kansas State Fair starts today. You know I’ve only been once in my entire life. They have some pretty good concerts throughout the week from Daughtry, Big Time Rush, REO Speedwagon, Darius Rucker, and the plastic Kenny Rogers. If you like fried foods, the smell of manure, then the State Fair is for you. Totally kidding. I’m sure it’ll be a blast if you go. I’ll be attending the Texas State Fair later this year so I can’t judge.
Happy Dining all and have a great weekend.