Mark your calenders for ICT Bloktoberfest presented by 360Wichita.com.
This is the second year for the event. My friends and family attended the inaugural event and have nothing bad to say about it. It was a very organized and smoothly ran festival; easy to maneuver, short, and quick lines along with punchcards that allowed you to sample everything you wanted. There were so many sausage samples and different beers to try.
This year they decided to go bigger turning it into a two day event. What’s even better is they have moved venues. Last year was held at Union Station but after the situation with Taco Fest, they have moved it to the WaterWalk Plaza (just east of the fountains).
Here’s what you should know about the two day event.
Oct 13: Bloktober Beer Fest 5pm – 10pm
• Free to the public
• Live concert
• German Cuisine dinner
• Car Show
• Food Trucks/ Dessert Trucks
• Bloktober Beer Fest 6-9 pm | $40 a ticket – there will be over 55 beers to sample
Oct 14: ICT Bloktoberfest 2017 10am – 9pm
• King Wiener Competition 11am – 2pm $25 a ticket
• Costume Contest
• Wiener Dog Olympics, this was a huge success last year and we have teamed with Buddy Rest to make it even bigger and better!
• Live Concerts; 2 stages of music
• Shopping / Food Trucks: More room for vendors, accepting applications now
• King Wiener is back! Local sausage competition for coveted title, “King/Queen Wiener” 15+ competitors. 12pm
What’s also great about Saturday is the Battle of the Burger event has joined forces with ICT Bloktoberfest and will be hosting their burger challenge that evening. Tickets to the Battle of the Burger are $25 a piece.
Over a two day span, you have live music, a beer fest, burger challenge, a sausage competition, wiener dog fun, food trucks, shopping, car shows, costume contest and so much more.
If the event is anything like last year, it should be a great time had by all. I’m already looking forward to it.
For more information on the event and to buy tickets when they become available, check out their website.