By now everybody has heard of the popular Pioneer Woman. One of her recipes on her show featured muffins with a light orange flavor. It sounded delicious. So we gave them a try and I’ve already had two of them! I figured I’d share this amazingness (I know it’s not a word but I’m using it) with all of you.
I’ve pinned the recipe to our Pinterest page.
Pioneer Woman’s Good Morning Muffins:
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 Tbl. baking powder
- 4 Tbl. unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 – 2 c. sweet orange marmalade
- 1 c. orange juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp. orange bakery emulsion (or orange extract)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a standard-size muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Add the butter and shortening and cut into dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the orange marmalade, orange juice, vanilla, orange extract and eggs; whisk very well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir gently just until combined. Try to use no more than 10 large strokes.
- Fill lined muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Make the topping: combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Top batter with a heaping 1 teaspoon of mixture.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.