Readers kept commenting on Picasso’s Pizzeria East located at 5900 E Central. They noticed the building was being emptied out. I made a quick ask to Jessica Schmidt at Picasso’s and she confirmed they did close but would keep their original Delano location open.
No definite reason was given on why they decided to close but looking into a 3.5 mile radius, it was such a crowded area for pizzas:
– Wichita Brewing Company – 535 Woodlawn Street
– Knolla’s Pizza – 7732 East Central
– Il Vicino – 4817 East Douglas
– Ziggy’s Pizza – 3700 East Douglas Avenue
– Domino’s Pizza – 327 North Hillside
– Little Caesars – 6410 E Central
– Papa Murphy’s – 4813 East Central
– Pizza Hut – 8139 East Central
– Pizza Hut – 410 North Hillside
– Angelos – 5231 E Central
It is an extremely saturated market near Central and Woodlawn and that had to play a part but that’s all my guess.
Regardless fans of Picasso’s Pizzeria can still head to 621 W Douglas for a huge individual slice of pizza.
To nominate your restaurant to be considered for a review, please E-mail us with your restaurant information. We are always open to suggestions.