I smoked a pork butt the day before and we had so much leftover meat.
We had so much leftover meat and had no idea what to do with it. We thought about doing tacos. We came across this Mexican slaw recipe off of Pinterest.
For Mexican Slaw
- 1- 16 ounce package coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Mix all slaw ingredients together and refrigerate for several hours to blend flavors.
- Serve with pulled pork on corn tortillas.
Next up was the Chipotle sauce. A reader, Joey Young, shared this recipe from Spice Up Your Life with Lindsey Young who happens to be a local area food blog. We used it as the topper for our tacos.
For Chipotle Sauce (Ingredients)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt Mexican crema
- 2 small chipotles in adobo sauce remove seeds to keep it a bit milder
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- juice of one lime about two tablespoons
- salt to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Taste it and add more seasonings, if necessary. Also, if the sauce is too spicy, add a bit more yogurt. If it isn’t spicy enough, add more chipotles and adobo sauce.
Props to Lindsey Young as the chipotle sauce was crazy delicious! I loved the spicy kick and it paired so well with the Mexican slaw. I had six tacos and loved every second of it. We may have to give up dining out and start cooking at home!
Have a great recipe to share? Please e-mail us as we are always open to suggestions.
Want to help support the continuing content of Wichita By E.B.?