Perhaps you’re like me and the golf bug starts to hit you after Masters weekend which was supposed to end yesterday. The Wichita city public golf courses have been closed as of March 25.
Good news came out this morning as two of the courses, Auburn Hills Golf Course and MacDonald Golf Course will re-open Tuesday, April 14.
The City of Wichita has reviewed the practices of other golf courses across the nation to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to their staff and guests and with that golf in Wichita is back.
According to their Wichita Public Golf Courses’ Facebook page, a list of safety guidelines will be enforced, and golfers will need to follow social distancing practices and the health of their staff will be monitored to ensure their commitment to the community’s safety.
Staff from the closed courses will be assisting at Auburn Hills and MacDonald until the remaining two courses open.
These guidelines will reduce the amount of contact golfers have with each other and course employees. Restrictions set for Auburn Hills and MacDonald Golf Courses include:
· Clubhouses are restricted to one golfer at a time
· No merchandise or concession sales; no cash payments, only credit or debit cards
· No use of clubhouse restrooms
· No cart rentals, walking only
· All golfers must practice social distancing of six feet or more
· Tee times must be booked in advance at golfwichita.com or over the phone. No walk-in tee times will be allowed
· No more than four golfers per group
· Tee times will be every 20 minutes
· Pulling flags from holes will not be allowed
· Cups on the green have been modified to eliminate the need to remove the ball from the hole
· There will be no scorecards or pencils; golfers can download the Golf Wichita app to keep score
· No ball washers, bunker rakes, benches, bag stands or drinking fountains on the course
· The driving range at Auburn Hills will remain closed
It’s a good thing I always practice social distancing when golfing. And I want to apologize to everybody in advance for being unable to clean up any mess made in the bunkers.
Have some news to share? Please email us with your information for consideration. We are always open to suggestions.
Want to help support the continuing content of Wichita By E.B.?