Town & Country Classic Restaurant will be reopening on February 5 at 6 a.m. Owner Billy Wood announced that long-time cook Lori Raper who was the cook during the original Town & Country’s time under Larry Conover’s will be returning to help at the Town & Country Classic 10510 W. SW Blvd location. I’ve also been told that there will be changes in the day-to-day management.
That now puts us back at two Town & Country restaurants. If you’re confused, let me walk you through the history again.
- Around the start of the pandemic in 2020, the original Town & Country restaurant at 4702 W. Kellogg closed following the death of Larry Conover. This took Wichita’s T&C count from 1 to 0.
- A new owner (and former customer of the original), Billy Wood, stepped up and opened Town & Country Classic Restaurant at 10510 W Southwest Blvd which had been open since July of 2020. The updated count went from 0 to 1.
- Another new owner then announced a revival of the original Town & Country restaurant at the original west Kellogg location that opened in October of 2020. T&C’s count spiked from 1 to 2.
- In mid-January, Town & Country Classic Restaurant at 10510 W Southwest Blvd closed for the final time which took the count back down to 1.
- Town & Country Classic Restaurant reversed the decision, found new help and now plan to reopen on February 5. Updated count jumps back to 2.
My head is spinning just writing all that.
Have some news to share? Please email us with your information for consideration. We are always open to suggestions.
Want to help support the continuing content of Wichita By E.B.?