We have a Ninja Foodie Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer at home that we got from Amazon (highly recommended by the way if you’re looking for one). It’s a great product and something we often use to prepare meals for the family. When I say we, I don’t really mean me. But for this particular instance, I wanted to surprise my family and handle the home-cooked dinner.
I recently got some fresh garlic from Orie’s Farm Fresh and wanted to put it to good use. A recipe for Sticky Asian Chicken Thighs caught my eye. It looked relatively simple, so I decided to give it a try.
The meal served four people and took about an hour and 20 minutes.
- 1/4 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of chili garlic sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- (Optional) green onions and toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, honey, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, garlic, and ginger. Reserve ½ cup of marinade, then add chicken thighs to bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove 2 thighs from marinade and place in air-fryer basket. Cook at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes, until thighs are cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°. Transfer to a plate, tent with foil, and repeat with remaining thighs.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring reserved marinade to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Brush sauce over cooked thighs and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
I didn’t know what to pair it with because I’m horrible at pairing meals. We had some leftover pad thai noodles that I cooked over the skillet and mixed it with some random teriyaki sauce we had lying around. I’m also lazy and like to cut corners when cooking, so the garnishes were nixed.
In the end, we still had a nice meal. I particularly loved the skin, which was very crispy and had a delicious salty flavor. The chicken was very tender and moist; the air fryer did an incredible job. It was literally set it and forget it.
If you like simple recipes like me, give this one a go.
Have a great recipe to share? Please e-mail us as we are always open to suggestions.
Want to help support the continuing content of Wichita By E.B.?