Exciting times are ahead with Towne East Square after it was announced that a multi-million dollar makeover to the interior and exterior would be taking place. The parent company of Towne East, Simon Property Group, will be made the announcement on Tuesday. This will be the first redevelopment of the east side mall since 2008.
Plans call for the work to start in early 2022 and finish in Spring 2023 which happens to coincide with the opening of Scheels. Construction has already started on the 222,000 square-foot space in the former Sears. It’ll be more than just a sporting good store. Scheels will be home to entertainment attractions, specialty shops and boutiques with 2 million different SKUs’s under one roof.
Additional plans to include:
- Re-imagined mall entrances featuring wood and glass detailing and updated signage
- The addition of outdoor seating areas to create pedestrian friendly zones
- Landscaping improvements at outdoor entryways, both vehicular and pedestrian, as well as in parking fields
- Updated exterior entrance monuments and way-finding signage to further assist shoppers in locating stores and restaurants
- Updated flooring throughout the second level
- New paving encompassing drive lanes and over 5,000 parking spots
Have some news to share? Please email us with your information for consideration. We are always open to suggestions.
Did you love the article and want to help the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.
If you’re a business owner and would like to be featured or partner up for a highlight, visit here.