Inside The Venue is a free guide and fact sheet to the local venues around town. Venues who participate in this series do not pay to be a part of it. This is a free resource provided to local venue businesses to help get their name out and utilize the Wichita By E.B. platform to extend their reach. If you’d like to sponsor this feature, please email us.
Why Choose LeVenue
Half of our venue originally opened in 1946 as a movie theatre, and the reception hall was originally a skating rink, so our building has a lot of history and character some modern venues don’t have. We are family owned, and have done our best to keep our costs affordable so more people are able to utilize our facility, whether it be for a wedding, reception, family reunion, birthday, graduation, baby shower, or any number of other events.
– Eric Scriven, owner
Location: 109 W. Main, Valley Center, KS 67147
- Seating Capacity: 200
- Opened in 2009
Food & Alcohol Policy
- Catering Policy: We have an open catering policy. Guests may use whatever caterer they would like, or simply cater themselves.
- Alcohol Policy: Guests are allowed to bring in their own alcohol. The only rules being no one under 21 drinks, and if drinks are sold then a licensed bartender is required (guests can hire whomever they would like for this as well).
There is plenty of parking located around our venue.
- Is it included in the price? Yes
- Is there covered parking? No
- VIP/valet parking available? No
- Tables & Chairs: We do provide tables and chairs. Setup and tear down is included. It is all included in the base price.
- Linens: Linens are not provided
- Table Decor: We have a few decorations… an arch, candles, pillars, and centerpieces that guests are free to use if they would like.
- A/V Equipment: Both sides of our venue half sound systems guests can use. DJs will often use the sound system in our theatre for music during weddings. We are also happy to help with this if needed. This is included in our price.
- Kitchen Access: Guests and caterers have access to our kitchen. We have a fridge, stand up deep freeze, oven, microwave and lots of countertop stop.
- Dance Floor: We work with guests to find the best place to make space for a dance floor for events.
- Stage: We have a stage in our theatre where weddings can be held. We do not have a stage in our reception hall, but have had guests bring a small stage in for events.
- Wi-Fi Access: Yes
- Security: We do not provide security. We do not require security for events. We have had guests choose to hire security on their own.
We have a small cleaning deposit that is returned if the building is cleaned by the end of the rental time. We have a small list of things that we ask to be done… sweep up any messes, mop up spills, wipe of counters in kitchen, empty trash cans. We provide the supplies for the items on this list.
Once the deposit has been paid it is non-refundable, unless we are able to book that date again. The balance for an event is due one week prior to the event and is non-refundable once paid.
Pictures have been provided by the venue for this feature.
For more Inside the Venue segments, visit our Inside the Venue archive.
If you’re a venue owner, events or sales manager and would like to participate in this series, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you love the article and want to help the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.