Something I thought that would be pretty cool and useful to do was reach out to all the local breweries around town and see if they had any news, beers getting tapped or events taking place they wanted to share. Most of them got back to me and this should be helpful for those of you looking for things to do in town.
I’m calling it “What’s On Tap”. It’s one of the new segments for 2022. It’ll be a way to spread cheers and beers along with the local happenings at your favorite breweries.
Central Standard Brewing
- CSB De Luxe – Czech-Style Pilsner – 4.8%
When it comes to pilsner, it’s all about the water. Our in-house water filtration system enables us to closely replicate the incredibly soft water of Pilsen, the birthplace of Pilsner. Utilizing that water, we brew a simple beer exclusively with floor-malted Continental Pilsner malt and the freshest European-grown Saaz hops we can get our hands on, then cold ferment and lager for over 12 weeks, and naturally carbonate in the fermenter. Poured from a traditional side-pull tap straight from Czech Republic into half-liter tankards, resulting in the cleanest and crispiest drinking experience this side of Bohemia.
Hopping Gnome Brewing Company
- Citra DIPA Tapping – Jan. 4 at 3 p.m.
- Doo-Dah Dubble Tapping – Jan. 18 at 3 p.m. – Belgian Dubbel brewed with Pilsner, 3 specialty malts, and Belgian candy sugar. Hopped with East Kent Goldings and fermented with Belgian Monastery yeast 7%, 21 IBUs
- Ope Wheat Tapping – Jan. 25 at 3 p.m. – Hop-forward wheat brewed with half 2 Row and half wheat, and hopped with Comet hops from Kansas Hop Company. 5% ABV, 29 IBUs
- Weekly Specials:
$5 Flagship Wednesdays – New weekly pint special, includes all standard beers
Three-Pack Thursdays – Weekly to-go special, 3 crowlers for $30 every Thursday!
- Jan. 7: First Friday Artshow with local artist Jennifer Matthews, 6-10pm
- Jan. 11: Beer & Tacos with Gaga’s Grub, 6-8pm
Every 2nd Tuesday of the month is Taco Tuesday at The Gnome!
- Jan 15: Everything & the Bagel Pop-Up, 12:30-2:30pm. Fresh bagels & breads made with gnome beer!
Live music with Matt Ebberwein: 8-10pm, no cover
Norton’s Brewing Company
- “A Good Amber” – We’re constantly asked if we have one on tap, so this is your standard American Amber Ale. Clean, malty and a slight American hop presence.
- “Moningstar Melodies” a traditional Belgian Golden Strong Ale. Complex fruity esthers from the yeast strain, straight from a monastery in Belgium.
- “Summon” a massive American Imperial Stout
- And lots of others coming down the pipes!
- Jan. 10: Monday Night Art Fight Winter Slam Event: Previous winners of our monthly Art fight square off to crown a champion for the year! 3 rounds of speed painting, with lots of challenges thrown at them during the rounds. This time the theme is CHAOS, and we’ll have a house band adding to the chaos: local Metal giants “Suffocate The Skies”. The winner of this event will be our featured final Friday artist for January.
- We will be rolling out several new menu items this month for your grubbing pleasures, stay tuned!
- The new fun beers we have are a Warbeard variation called Chai of the Tiger. It’s Chai tea mixed with Warbeard and it’s DELICIOUS.
- For Peach Sake is the name of our new Peach Sour. It’s not sake the wine, it’s literally a name (for Pete Sake)
- MoreBeard is our other fun one we just released. It’s a very limited release and it’s an Imperial Warbeard. Instead of 5.5% abv this clocks in at 10.1% and it’s also in tall boys.
River City Brewing Co.
- Rock Island Red
6% | 16oz Pint – Amber ale, caramel, slightly hoppy
- Emerald City Stout
5.7% | 16oz Nonic – Dark, espresso, dark chocolate, creamy nitro
- Old Town Brown
5.5% | 16oz Pint – Mahogany, caramel, roasted nuts, hint of coffee
- Tornado Alley IPA
7% | 16oz Nonic – Copper colored, resiny, dank
- Harvester Wheat
5% | 16oz Weizen- Light American Wheat beer
- We will be tapping several new beers later in the month.
- We are also working on some new menu items for a new spring menu. Stay tuned.
Third Place Brewing
- Every Thursday: Every ale house needs a fiddler in the corner. Shawn Craver “The Fiddler” will be playing solo, acoustic, traditional fiddle music for Third Place Brewing’s Happy Hour Every Thursday. Come enjoy the sounds of the music that has accompanied many a pint over the past centuries and help carry on the tradition! No cover. Dancing optional.
Wichita Brewing Co.
- Jan. 29: The Beer Fest. What is the “The Beer Fest” ?. We are bringing in our friends from some of the best breweries from across the Midwest to help us raise money for mental health clinics in the Wichita Area. About 26% of Americans suffer from a mental health disorder. We will be donating proceeds from The Beer Fest to local mental health clinics to help with payments for those who are unable to afford them. Each brewery is bringing unique beers to the event that have unlikely reached the Wichita Area, so this is an event you will not want to miss. Our local breweries will also be in attendance and are cooking up fresh brews for The Beer Fest. This unique and one of a kind festival will showcase breweries from Denver, St. Louis, Dallas & Iowa. Head here for more information.
- Pizza of the Month – Jumbo’s Beef and Brew’s “Firebird” Pizza. The first pizza of the month for 2022 is from Jumbo’s Beef & Brew ! It’s a take on their Firebird Chicken sandwich. We start with a Korean BBQ sauce base, add Korean marinated chicken, red onion and fresh jalapeno , and topped with mozzarella cheese. To finish it off, we add a house made apple cilantro slaw, chive garnish and a drizzle of Jumbo’s own “crack sauce.”
Have some news to share? Please email us with your information for consideration. We are always open to suggestions.
Did you love the article and want to help the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.