Project Local Eats
Welcome to Project Local Eats! This was an idea started by local food supporter, Mona Harrison, as a way to promote the idea of patronizing local restaurants and flood them with support. Every week, we will make at least three restaurant suggestions covering different cuisines in different parts of town. These will be restaurants exclusive to the Wichita area and ones you can’t find anywhere else. If you have restaurants who need some love, you can recommend them here.
How you can participate:
- Eat at the restaurant. If it’s something as simple as ordering a drink, stopping by for dessert, getting a full meal, support the restaurant.
- Leave a review! Whether you choose to eat at the restaurant or sit the week out, leave a genuine, positive review if you like the place. Reviews can stimulate the business and help their search position. Word of mouth works! Do it on your social pages, leave a review on their Yelp, Google listing, Facebook page or more.
- Buy a gift card. If you want to avoid bombarding the restaurant and worried about it being too busy, try purchasing a gift card if they have the option.
- Wait until later. If time is short, visit the restaurants listed whenever it works for your schedule.
- Interact with their social media accounts. Like, comment, follow, share what you love about them.
- Share this blog. Get as many people involved as you can.
Without further ado, here’s this week’s suggestions of Project Local Eats:
Hot Stone Korean Grill
3743 N Rock Rd # 100, Wichita, KS 67226
(Nearest intersection: 37th and Rock Road)
Monday – Saturday: 11am – 3pm; 5pm – 9pm
Closed on Sunday
Description: An informal but warm eatery with wood chairs & stone tile tabletops featuring Korean specialties.
9747 E 21st St N #121, Wichita, KS 67206
(Nearest intersection: 21st & Webb Road)
Monday: 11am – 8pm
Tuesday – Saturday: 11am – 9pm
Closed on Sunday
Description: Classic Mediterranean appetizers, sandwiches, platters & pastries offered in a relaxed atmosphere.
Los Cabos Cantina & Grill
3827 W 13th St N, Wichita, KS 67203
(Nearest intersection: 13th & West Street)
Sunday – Thursday: 11am – 10pm
Friday – Saturday: 11am – 10pm
Description: Locally owned Tex Mex restaurant and bar & grill
As you decide which restaurant(s) you plan to visit, it’s important to note:
A sudden rush of new business, food shortages, staffing issues, a change in operating hours, may be frustrating or may result in slower service when you eat out. Wait time may also be longer than usual, and mishaps can happen during unprecedented times.
These are indeed not normal times. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Try to be patient and understand that the new reality is impacting everyone, and most people are doing the best they can.
Have a restaurant, you want to suggest? Fill out the form here.
If you want to visit past Project Local Eats suggestions, you can visit the archive here.