It’s September, which means it’s time for the Kansas State Fair. The 110th annual event runs from Sept. 8-17 at the fairgrounds in Hutchinson.
We’ve put together a list of what you can expect at one of my favorite annual events in Kansas.
Location of the Kansas State Fair
The Kansas State Fairgrounds is located at 2000 N. Poplar St. in Hutchinson.
Free parking lots are available at lots A, B and C which are north and east of the fairgrounds.
Tickets to the Kansas State Fair
Advanced gate ticket pricing is as follows:
Gate admission for adults (13-59) – $7
Senior (60+) – $4
Child (6-12) – $4
Regular prices start Sept. 8
Gate admission for adults (13-59) – $10
Senior (60+) – $6
Child (6-12) – $6
Military Tickets are available at the Ticket Office, or can be purchased at each gate when arriving at the Fair. The price is $4 and is valid for each family member. Need to show military ID or proof as a veteran.
If you’re looking to buy tickets in bulk, consider a season pass for $50. The Season Pass is a badge style laminated card that contains 10 Gate Admission scans. It is scannable at any Entrance Gate for up to 10 admissions; either one per day, all at once, or in any increment. Please read the confirmation email after purchasing.
Seniors, couples, kids, and family packs can also be purchased here.
Friday, Sept. 8 is Young at Heart Day which is $2 admission on Friday for ages 55+.
Monday, Sept. 11 is Dillons Dollar Day. Admission is only $1 for everyone. However, it is FREE if you show your Dillons card. Note, each physical card gains one free admission, and you must have the plastic card with you. Ride wristbands will also be available for $25 and sold through Sept. 10 online.
Tuesday, Sept. 12 is Tasty Tuesday. Participating vendors are offering $3 concessions.
Friday, Sept. 15 is The Kansas Lottery Chiefs Red Friday. Kansas State Fair gate admission will be $2 for PlayOn members! (limit six tickets per PlayOn member!)
Midway Ride Prices & Wristbands
There are 6 wristband days (Carnival hours vary each day). The price is $35.
Midway Wristband days:
- Friday, Sept 8
- Tuesday, Sept 12
- Wednesday, Sept 13
- Thursday, Sept 14
- Friday, Sept 15
- Sunday, Sept 17
Midway Ride Coupons (20-ticket ride sheet) are $20 through September 7. (Starting Sept. 8, the price goes up to $28). These can be used on any day of the Fair. Rides typically take 3–5 tickets each.
Monday, September 11 is Dillons Dollar Day, with a special Dillons Day wristband for only $25!
Hours for the Midway are:
- Friday, Sept. 8 | 3-10 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 9 | 11-11 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 10 | Noon-10 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 11 | Noon-10 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 12 | 1-10 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13 | Noon-10 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 14 | 3-10 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 15 | Noon-11 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 16 | 11-11 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 17 | Noon-9 p.m.
On Tuesday, Sept. 12, the annual Tasty Tuesday takes place with $3 concessions.
Here’s a small rundown of some new food at this year’s fair.
- Flaming Hot Cheetos Corn
- Carrie’s Beer Garden
- Bacon and Bleu Burger
- Philly Cheesesteak Egg Roll
- Wagyu Gourmet Hot Dog
- Charlie’s Wine & Beer Garden
- Dessert Nachos
- Pizza Box Nachos
- CJ Griffin
- Sopaipilla Cheesecake
- Deetz Concession
- Frozen Cocoa
- Leimon’s Pizzeria
- Jalapeño Popper Pizza
- Los Marachis
- Corn On A Tray
- Mid-State Cookers
- Deep Fried Pie With Ice Cream
Concerts and Shows
Here’s the Nex-Tech Wireless Grandstand lineup (get tickets here):
- Friday, Sept. 8 – NEEDTOBREATHE, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 9 – Carly Pearce w/ Megan Moroney, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 10 – Rob Schneider w/ Byron Kennedy, 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 11 – Demo Derby, 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 12 – Cooper Alan w/ Frank Ray, 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 13 – Matthew West w/ Anne Wilson, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 14 – Hairball, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 15 – La Fiera de Ojinaga w/ Oscar Garcia, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 16 – Ja Rule w/ Disco Lines, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 17 – All-Star Monster Trucks, 4 p.m.
For all things Kansas State Fair, be sure to visit the fair’s website: kansasstatefair.com.