Back on March 30, the Kansas Star Casino closed their doors along with all other state-owned casinos. Their last day drew small crowds as people were hesitant to go early on during the COVID-19 crisis. I know, because I was there sitting at the tables with fellow gamblers getting my fix in while was still able to.
But fresh off of the Phase 2 announcement, Kansas Star Casino is now allowed to reopen and will do so on Saturday May 23rd at 11am. The Kansas Lottery announced all state-owned casinos will close starting Tuesday evening. This will take place until March 30 at the very least.
Kansas Star Casino made the following statement yesterday:
We are excited to announce the opening of Kansas Star Casino on Saturday, May 23rd. Our doors will open at 11 a.m. We have missed being your entertainment destination over the last several weeks, and we are excited to have the opportunity to host you again. Some of our property amenities and favorite restaurants will be limited for the time being, including the temporary closure of our table games and poker room. Being able to safely welcome back our team members and guests is our top priority, therefore, all guests will have their temperature taken prior to entry.
What does that mean for you? To start table games and the poker room will be closed so everything will be limited to slot machines at the start.
They will also be implementing the following measures for your safety:
- Guest health screenings and temperature readings are being conducted on arrival. All guests are encouraged to wear facial coverings.
- Hand sanitizer is available and complimentary for all guests.
- Guest spaces are cleaned and disinfected multiple times daily with EPA-approved products. This includes: slot machines, chairs, table games, restaurants, kitchens, restrooms, doors, handrails, counters, ATMs, kiosks, and Team Member areas.
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased.
- Slots, table games, and restaurant & bar seating is configured and limited to adhere to social distancing recommendations.
- Guest occupancy limits are followed in retail shops and banquet & meeting spaces.
- COVID-19 training, health screenings, and masks are provided to all Team Members.
So who’s going this weekend?