Spring Break is right around the corner for Wichita, Haysville, and Derby schools which means so is Filling the Gap. The Kansas Food Bank is gearing up to provide meals to children across Wichita and the surrounding area.
Vacations from school can be a difficult time for a child who depends on school breakfast and lunch. Filling the Gap will help by providing meals to children during school breaks.
Six locations will serve as pickup sites where kids can get 5 days worth of “grab and go” breakfast and lunch meals on Monday, March 13th between noon and 1 pm.
Kids must be present to pick up, no advance registration is needed. The program is open to all kids ages 18 and under.
WHAT: Filling the Gap – Spring Break Meals for Kids
WHEN: Monday, March 13th, noon to 1pm
WHERE: Six locations listed below
- Colvin Neighborhood Resource Center – 2820 S Roosevelt
- Word of Life South – 2020 E Blake St
- Evergreen Neighborhood Resource Center – Parking lot of 2700 N Woodland
- HealthCore Clinic – 2707 E 21stSt N
- Oaklawn Activity Center – 4904 S Clifton
- Haysville United Methodist Church – 601 E Grand
Have some news to share? Please email us with your information for consideration.
Did you love the article and want to help the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.