Starting May 23, Golf Wichita will be opening Sim Golf Course and Tex Consolver for play. Last month, they opened Auburn Hills Golf Course and MacDonald.
Earlier, the City of Wichita reviewed the practices of other golf courses across the nation to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to their staff and guests.
According to their Wichita Public Golf Courses’ Facebook page, a list of safety guidelines will be enforced, and golfers will need to follow social distancing practices and the health of their staff will be monitored to ensure their commitment to the community’s safety.
These guidelines will reduce the amount of contact golfers have with each other and course employees. Restrictions set for the Wichita Public Golf Courses include:
· Clubhouses are restricted to no more than 10 people at one time.
· No cash payments, only credit, debit or gift cards
· No restrooms available on the course
· Golf cart rental for single riders will be allowed. Carts may now carry two riders if they are from the same household or rode to the course together. Walking during the round is still permitted
· All golfers must practice social distancing of six feet or more
· Tee times must be booked in advance at golfwichita.com or over the phone. No walk-in tee times will be allowed
· No more than four golfers per group
· Tee times will be every 13 minutes
· Pulling flags from holes will not be allowed
· Cups on the green have been modified to eliminate the need to remove the ball from the hole
· There will be no scorecards or pencils; golfers can download the Golf Wichita app to keep score
· No ball washers, bunker rakes, benches, bag stands or drinking fountains on the course
· The driving range at Auburn Hills will remain closed but The driving range at Tex Consolver and MacDonald will open on May 23. When purchasing a bucket in the clubhouse, golfers will be assigned to a hitting bay. Numbered hitting bays have been roped off to allow a maximum of 10 guests at the driving range at one time ensuring 6 feet between each person while practicing.
For the full rundown check out their Facebook page.
Have some news to share? Please email us with your information for consideration. We are always open to suggestions.
Want to help support the continuing content of Wichita By E.B.?