Inside The Venue is a free guide and fact sheet to the local venues around town. Venues who participate in this series do not pay to be a part of it. This is a free resource provided to local venue businesses to help get their name out and utilize the Wichita By E.B. platform to extend their reach. If you’d like to sponsor this feature, please email us.
Kansas Aviation Museum
Why Choose Kansas Aviation Museum
The Kansas Aviation Museum is the home of the original Wichita Municipal Airport. With its beautiful Art Deco design and one of a kind hand painted décor, this building is the perfect place to write part of your life story. You can dance the floors that Fred Astaire danced, or walk the tiles that greats like Amelia Earhart and Howard Hughes walked. Whether you need a venue for a party, a conference, or a wedding, KAM is the perfect place to come.
– Ben Sauceda, Executive Director
Location: 3350 George Washington Blvd, Wichita, KS 67210
- Seating Capacity: Atrium and Mezzanine can seat 310 without a dance floor area, or 270 with a dance floor.
- Opened in 1991
Food & Alcohol Policy
- Catering Policy: We have an open catering policy.
- Alcohol Policy: It is contracted through Shaken or Stirred
Ample parking in several locations around the building
- Is it included in the price? Yes
- Is there covered parking? No
- VIP/valet parking available? No
- Tables & Chairs: We do provide tables and chairs in the base rate.
- Linens: We rent at discounted additional rates
- Table Decor: No
- A/V Equipment: Yes, and it is included in the price.
- Kitchen Access: Guests and caterers have access to our kitchen. We have a fridge, stand up deep freeze, oven, microwave and lots of countertop stop.
- Dance Floor: Yes
- Stage: Yes
- Wi-Fi Access: Yes
- Security: We do not provide security; needs to be hired separately.
We clean up the facility in terms of tables, chairs, etc. Anything brought by the renter must be removed within an hour of the event.
Initial deposit is not refundable unless canceled by the venue.
Pictures have been provided by the venue for this feature.
For more Inside the Venue segments, visit our Inside the Venue archive.
If you’re a venue owner, events or sales manager and would like to participate in this series, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you love the article and want to help the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.