Inside The Venue is a free guide and fact sheet to the local venues around town. Venues who participate in this series do not pay to be a part of it. This is a free resource provided to local venue businesses to help get their name out and utilize the Wichita By E.B. platform to extend their reach. If you’d like to sponsor this feature, please email us.
Why Choose Mark Arts
The modern prairie style architecture of the building makes a beautiful canvas for occasions large or small. Designed to feel like an art oasis in the city, Mark Arts provides a unique cultural experience for guests unlike anything in Wichita. Furthermore, Mark Arts staff are committed to providing a seamless rental experience with unmatched customer service.
– Katy Dorrah, CEO
Location: 1307 N Rock Rd, Wichita, KS 67206
- Seating Capacity: The Great Hall can comfortably seat up to 350 guests or up to 600 guests reception-style. Additionally, up to 350 guests can be seated reception-style in the Gladys & Karl T. Wiedemann Gallery.
- Founded in 1920, the facility on the corner of Rock Rd. and 13th St. opened in January of 2018.
Food & Alcohol Policy
- Catering Policy: We have an open catering policy.
- Alcohol Policy: Mark Arts has four preferred alcohol vendors (Bar on Demand, Scotch & Sirloin, Xclusive Events and Ya Ya’s Eurobistro).
Mark Arts has 150 parking spaces. Additionally, there is overflow parking in the church parking lot west of the facility connected by a sidewalk.
- Is it included in the price? Yes
- Is there covered parking? No
- VIP/valet parking available? No
- Tables & Chairs: One set-up of tables and chairs is included in all rental packages.
- Linens: Linens are not included in the base rate. Mark Arts offers black polyester linens for both the rectangular and circular tables at $15/linen.
- Table Decor: Table décor is not included.
- A/V Equipment: Mark Arts has dual projection screens, wireless microphones and custom lighting included in some of the rental packages.
- Kitchen Access: There is a prep kitchen with commercial ice machine included in some of the rental packages. Mark Arts’ Culinary Studio can also be rented for an additional fee.
- Dance Floor: Yes
- Stage: Yes. We have a stage that can be added to any rental package. Pieces are $40/ section with eight 4’ x 8’ sections customized to a 1’ or 2’ height.
- Wi-Fi Access: Yes
- Security: We do not provide security; needs to be hired separately.
Renters are responsible to take out what they bring in. Caterers and bar services are responsible for their own cleanup and trash. Cleanup must take place during the rental period.
If a cancellation occurs more than ninety days prior to the event, then the renter shall be entitled to the return of the security deposit and Mark Arts shall be entitled to retain 50% of the facility rental fee. If a cancellation occurs less than ninety days prior to the event, then Mark Arts will be entitled to receive and retain all rental fees and the security deposit.
Pictures have been provided by the venue for this feature.
For more Inside the Venue segments, visit our Inside the Venue archive.
If you’re a venue owner, events or sales manager and would like to participate in this series, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you love the article and want to help the continuing free content at Wichita By E.B.? You can help keep our site going with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.